• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Oil Pressure

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oil Pressure

Post by RicM »

I recently changed my oil using Rotella 15-40W. I have noticed that my oil pressure at idle seems lower. What kind of oil pressure do others get at fully warmed idle? I'm running the Yanmar 315 in a 28TE.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I have Japanese gauges, so I can't begin to tell you what the actual reading is...but at idle my oil pressure is in the red 9 basicly zero). No alarms, has always been this way. as I start to increase the rpms....say at about 950 or so my needle begins to move up and if I'm running at high rpms...I'm between 3 and 4 on the gauge, what ever that is. I use Amsoil Marine Diesel 15w40
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pressure Reading

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Chief,

My guess is that your gauge is reading "bars" of pressure. Based on www.onlineconversion.com 1 bar = 14.50 psi. Based on your readings that seems to make sense. I don't recall my pressure at idle off-hand, but at cruise my gauge reads around 4 bar or just under.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”