• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Drawer rebuild

Robb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tacoma, WA

Drawer rebuild

Post by Robb »

After several years of repairing the drawers in the pilothouse I finally got frustrated and made new ones. They work great, looking forward to no more fronts falling off. Not one of Albin's better designed parts.

I sent measurements to Barkerdoor.com and they sent me nice dovetailed knocked down drawers in a few weeks. Only about $150 for all 4 drawer boxes. I added side dados, sprayed with clear polyurethane and mounted the old fronts on the new boxes. Quite happy with the results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Robb Stilnovich
"Stella Maris" 1996 28TE #279
Cummins 6BTA-370
Tacoma, WA
BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

Re: Drawer rebuild

Post by BobHaze »

Nice project - looks great! I'm not having problems with my drawers but I'll keep this source in mind for the future.
Bob
2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Cummins 6BTA 5.9
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Drawer rebuild

Post by DougSea »

Interesting. Thanks for posting!
Doug