• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow thruster only operation to one side

jaybap
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: newport RI

Bow thruster only operation to one side

Post by jaybap »

Hey guys anothe issue just popped up on me. Went to use the bow thruster to the starboard side and heard a noise then nothing. Works fine to port side. Could it be the selenoid? Wondering if anyone has run into this before.
2004 28' Albin FD "DOG DAZE II"
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: Bow thruster only operation to one side

Post by Serenity »

Had the same problem. Replaced the rocker arm switch and back to normal, There are prior posts on trim tabs not working properly
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Post by craw_daddy »

I had the same problem. I removed the solenoid attached to the thruster and found one side of the contacts had severe pitting which I removed with a flat jewelry file. Works great in either direction now. Probably due to laying on it too heavily a few times rather than for just a few seconds at a time. Solenoid can be removed w/o motor removal.
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

How do you remove the solenoid without taking out the entire motor?
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Post by craw_daddy »

Sorry about the late reply, just saw this. (This from memory) Firstly, take pictures of the wiring connections from top & both sides. Second, disconnect battery cables from battery. Disconnect all wires and remove plastic cover from motor top & over solenoid. There are 3 screws holding the solenoid 2 sides & 1 bottom -remove the side screws & bend the metal bracket a little to slide out & remove the solenoid.
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

I had an issue with my solenoid AND my switch... so don't rule out the switch itself.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”