• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

'04 Albin 28 Plastic exhaust thru hull leak ?

Shoofly
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Honolulu Hi

'04 Albin 28 Plastic exhaust thru hull leak ?

Post by Shoofly »

I've been helping out my father in law with a 2004 Albin 28 and finally chased down a leak. Initially found a couple leaking hatch scupper fittings and hoses, I fixed those but still had a leak.

Today I discovered a leak coming from the plastic (delrin?) exhaust thru hull fitting on the aft port. My guess is the sealant failed and/or mounting screws have corroded, worse case is the fitting has cracked or failed in some way. Tough to tell exactly as access is pretty poor.

Looking for suggestions to source a new fitting, experience repairing, replacing or rebuilding it.

thanks
tom
Valkyrie Albin 28
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: '04 Albin 28 Plastic exhaust thru hull leak ?

Post by Carl »

28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
shub2191
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chesapeake City, MD

Post by shub2191 »

I am having a similar problem....don't know yet if it is the thru hull fitting or a clamp or elbow issue....my question is about access? Do I take off the storage rack panel on the port side to gain access to the exhaust elbow? If so, what am I getting myself into? Thanks in advance for any input...still working through all the gremlins of a new boat.....
20170715_104651.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Steve & Susan Hubbell
"Osprey"
2004 Albin 28TE
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

It can be removed and resealed. I did mine. The key is to move the screw locations. Mine only had 2 screws into the fiberglass bedding. I had the old holes filled by a welding shop and repositioned new holes to catch the fiberglass. No more leak.
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

I had a small leak there but mine was only the stainless trim ring on the outside. I rebidded the screws and all is well.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”