• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

oil pressure gauge

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

oil pressure gauge

Post by mjohnh »

After the timing check and attempt to replace zincs.....I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was not "up" any degree while the engine was running.......any thoughts? gauge problem?....sending unit problem?>>>>(owner problem??).....appreciat your input.....
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: oil pressure gauge

Post by mjohnh »

Discovered the problem.......the wires for the engine temp and the wires for the oil pressure were "switched"......just guessing, but it must have been from the time it was built........problem solved and cured...
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Nice bit of sleuthing, there. So if the oil pressure gauge was not registering, what was the temp gauge doing? No need to answer, just the way my mind works.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mjohnh »

The temp gauge was registering....around 130 as I recall...........last year, when I was underway the oil pressure gauge would move up......but, it was responding to increased temp........funny .......
mmannboat
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: South River NJ

Post by mmannboat »

My oil PSI gauge reads 75 LBS at Idle and 25 at cruising speed. Is it possible for the gauge to be wired backwards?
jetter
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Skerryvore , Ontario

Post by jetter »

My oil gauge problem was very high readings when cold. Put a manual gauge on engine today. All normal. New sender on order.
Russell

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”