• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28te outriggers

special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

28te outriggers

Post by special k »

would like to add a pair of outriggers to my albin 28. what size and brand wishbones fit well on the pilot house sides.

thanks to all who reply.

cheers!
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Re: 28te outriggers

Post by Jaredh »

The previous owner, JackK, installed rupp sidekicks on our boat. They work great and I think they look fantastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I recommend the Lee Junior wishbone outriggers which are similar to the Rupp sidekicks but made out of stainless instead of aluminum. I had the Rupps on my 97 Albin and the threads where parts screw together corroded and came apart. Rupps are made right in Stuart where I live but when I saw the Lees on other boats I wished I had gotten those. Check the boats in your marina to get a look at them. My present boat has a Lee gunnel type mounted on the top of the pilot house. I don't recommend them even though they are very good because you have to stand up on the gunnel to reach the release lever. They are quite a bit cheaper than the wishbone type, simple and bullet proof.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

Stainless does seem to make sense over aluminum. I did have to replace both wishbones and the aft threaded joint on each side this season due to the aluminum ends cracking and failing. These are however 15 years old on a boat with 1100 hours. That seems like an acceptable service life in a marine environment, and parts were reasonable from rupp.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

thanks all, i will keep my eyes open for any that may become available. buying new is not my first choice
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8695&p=53003
that's a previous thread that covered riggers with pics of mine. I have the lee wishbones and love them!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”