• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

WTB 28TE 2003+

Albin284me
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Houston, TX

WTB 28TE 2003+

Post by Albin284me »

Hi all,

Looking for a well maintained 28TE with engine box. 2003 or later.

Prefer Yanmar/Cummins, transom door, A/C, electric head, windlass, but none are deal-killers.

We're combing thru the yachtworld listings, but more than happy to go direct.

I'm in Houston so location of the boat isn't a constraint. I expect to truck it either way.

I've lurked on this forum off & on for a decade or so and appreciate all the wisdom here! Finally the timing is right for us to "join the club."

Thanks

Zach
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Re: WTB 28TE 2003+

Post by drbob »

We have a 2005, Engine Box, 315 Yanmar, Walker Air Sep., 1100 hr., transom door, maintenance records, extended roof, gen-set, A/C, Vacu-Flush head, full factory installed glassed cabinets in cabin forward with black sliders, TV with digital antenna (gets 20+ channels free standing), stereo, 2015 Teal hull paint, black bottom (she pops), chart plotter installed in the dash, stainless radar arch, perfect rail and engine pad vinyl (always canvas covered), bimini, new 300 ft. anchor rode, new Mantus anchor (sets within the anchor length), professionally maintained, just waxed and she looks and acts like new inside and out.

We used to live in The Woodlands (north of Houston) and kept our 49' DeFever at the Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook. Took it on a three-year GreatLoop.org adventure. Now in Cape Coral Florida for year round boating and 150 boating destinations within 20 miles of our condo. Plus we can travel almost 150 of the 400 miles of canals in Cape Coral alone.

Now the kicker. We're working on a huge business project this year and won't be able to get our next boat until the beginning of next year so we'll look at selling her then. If you don't find anything or someone you know says they want one of these after you take them out on yours, keep us in mind.

The good news is that once you get yours and get it in "like new" condition mechanically and cosmetically, you'll have no shortage of offers.

Bob DeGroot
Day Tripper A28TE
Cape Coral Florida
Albin284me
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Houston, TX

Post by Albin284me »

Hi Bob,

Lets keep in touch! Your boat sounds excellent. We're ready to buy, but not in a rush. Our plan is to base the boat out of HYC. We're actually a sailing family but the shallow water around Galveston / Houston and time constraints due to jobs & kids make basing a sailboat with 6.5' draft on Galveston bay somewhat impractical !

Has the Yanmar been a good / reliable engine for you?

Zach
drbob
First Mate
First Mate

Post by drbob »

The Yanmar has been excellent. Nary a problem.
At 950 hours the former owner had the 1,000-hour maintenance done, including replacing the timing belt. She runs like a dream.

Many years ago, I raced a Bristol 30, my C&C Mega 30 and my Santana MkII 25 out of HYC. Good times.

Bob
Gypsyjon
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Apalachicola Florida

Post by Gypsyjon »

drbob wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:24 pm We have a 2005, Engine Box, 315 Yanmar, Walker Air Sep., 1100 hr., transom door, maintenance records, extended roof, gen-set, A/C, Vacu-Flush head, full factory installed glassed cabinets in cabin forward with black sliders, TV with digital antenna (gets 20+ channels free standing), stereo, 2015 Teal hull paint, black bottom (she pops), chart plotter installed in the dash, stainless radar arch, perfect rail and engine pad vinyl (always canvas covered), bimini, new 300 ft. anchor rode, new Mantus anchor (sets within the anchor length), professionally maintained, just waxed and she looks and acts like new inside and out.

We used to live in The Woodlands (north of Houston) and kept our 49' DeFever at the Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook. Took it on a three-year GreatLoop.org adventure. Now in Cape Coral Florida for year round boating and 150 boating destinations within 20 miles of our condo. Plus we can travel almost 150 of the 400 miles of canals in Cape Coral alone.

Now the kicker. We're working on a huge business project this year and won't be able to get our next boat until the beginning of next year so we'll look at selling her then. If you don't find anything or someone you know says they want one of these after you take them out on yours, keep us in mind.

The good news is that once you get yours and get it in "like new" condition mechanically and cosmetically, you'll have no shortage of offers.

Bob DeGroot
Day Tripper A28TE
Cape Coral Florida
Is this boat still available??
drbob
First Mate
First Mate

Post by drbob »

Hi Gypsyjon - Thanks for asking, but it's not yet available. Probably not until the first quarter of 2018.

When I was on the USCG cutter Rambler (100 ft. buoy tender), Apalachicola was a regular stop for us (1967). Great little town. We trecked from Mobile Al to Caribelle on a regular schedule.

Bob
Day Tripper A28TE
Humbucker427
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Humbucker427 »

drbob wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:24 pm 2015 Teal hull paint, black bottom (she pops),
Hey Bob, that Teal hull paint w/ black bottom sounds nice. Do you have any pics? I'd love to see that. I'm in the market as well.

Thanks!

Jake
Jake Langston
Chattanooga, TN
(looking for a 28TE)
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Hi Bob,

I will be ready to buy 2nd qtr. of 2018. I live in Cocoa and would love to drive over and take a look at her and perhaps get a ride. I would be more than happy to pay for the fuel. I sent you an email.

Thank you
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
drbob
First Mate
First Mate

Post by drbob »

Hey Jack - here are a couple pics for Day Tripper.
1-PortCloseUpInSlipIMG_4079.JPG
3 DayTripper Name_Teal_IMG_3875.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Hi Bob,

She is beautiful !!!! PM sent.
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

i have an 2001 with yanmar. its for sale on here.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”