• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My First Albin 28

JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eden, MD

Re: My First Albin 28

Post by JFaberMD »

I think it is the 25, but I'll check this morning when I get to the marina to settle up.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

ImagePedro, do you know what the official model number of those early Vetus thrusters is? The only identifying marks that I have on mine are 1.5kw, the rest of the numbers are illegible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

Okay so we got her home safe on Saturday. Ended up taking much longer to get her home than I thought but we can blames the tides and the weather for that. The Atlantic was not happy on Saturday. I learned two valuable lessons:

1. The Atlantic has all the power and can become angry very quickly.
2. The Albin survived an unhappy Atlantic.

Hindsight being 20/20, if I would have known how rough the Atlantic was going to be than I would have waited to bring her home. Here is a pic from the maiden voyage, we were somewhere in the middle of the Delaware Bay at this point.
Maiden Voyage 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

Which brings me to my question. When trying to get into the Inlet in OC there was a very strong following sea which made it almost impossible to get between the two stone jetty's. Any suggestions for dealing with rough/strong following seas?
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

JFaberMD wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 pm Which brings me to my question. When trying to get into the Inlet in OC there was a very strong following sea which made it almost impossible to get between the two stone jetty's. Any suggestions for dealing with rough/strong following seas?
Over simplified answer is...more throttle. Lol
With an outboard powered boat, typically I will surf the leading face of the wave. However with the keel of the Albin and being inboard powered I prefer to ride the backside of the wave. And I let the current and waves define my speed. Sometimes it's pretty slow, but other times it can be quite a bit quicker than you may otherwise expect. I've been through the inlet at oc md, it's not fun in the wrong conditions but barnegate inlet can be downright scary in the wrong conditions (even if the ocean is dead flat!) as can little egg inlet (I won't even go in or out that inlet anymore, those sandbars move way too much!). Either way. Match the speed and then the following seas become a non-event
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Glad you made it!
I do not know what numbers are on that thruster motor,