• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wiring for float switches in albin 28

gcmarshall
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Barbados

Wiring for float switches in albin 28

Post by gcmarshall »

I have a 2005 albin 28 flushdeck. Neither floatswitch for either bilge pump is working. The positive wire coming to the floatswitches have no power. I know both of these should be wires to the battery or a positive bus bar which is always powered. I cant seem to find it....any suggestions? I figure either there is corrosion there or blown fuses or breakers.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Wiring for float switches in albin 28

Post by catalina_mike »

Well I lost my first reply. Here goes again... Yes the pump switch and float should be fed from "always hot" independent of the battery switch. On my old dash there was a glass fuse holder next to the bilge switches that protect the wiring from damage. If either the float switch or manual switch do not send 12vdc to the pump it's the wiring or fuse.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
gcmarshall
First Mate
First Mate

Post by gcmarshall »

Thanks...
I don't have the fuse holder you are referring to. Will take another look this weekend though.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

For what it's worth the factory wiring for my factory float switches go through a switch on the dash...which is fused.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
gcmarshall
First Mate
First Mate

Post by gcmarshall »

Forgot to close the loop on this....the positive wires on my float switches go to a double positive bus bar behind my dash. The top is controlled by the batt switch...the bottom is always hot. They pass through a circuit breaker next to this bar which had tripped.

Thanks to robs for pointing me in the right direction on this.....and thx to the other responses as well.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”