• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE Flush deck

Gypsyjon
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Apalachicola Florida

Albin 28 TE Flush deck

Post by Gypsyjon »

I am looking for an Albin 28 TE flush deck with A/C, power anchor windlass, cockpit salt water wash down, good electronics. Must be 2000 or later, well maintained with records.

Want to make the Great Loop and need a boat like this since I want to go through the Erie Canal rather than out through Lake Ontario.

Any info would be appreciated.

My personal email is: jgoods19@gmail.com
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Re: Albin 28 TE Flush deck

Post by Jaredh »

We purchased our 2003 28 flush deck this spring and love it, if you can wait for the right one to come up on the market I think you will be very happy with the boat. We have 110 hours on her YTD and they have all been fantastic.

I believe the flush decks were built from 2003 on as a option vs the engine box. The additional fishing and storage space on deck is really nice vs the engine box. I store my anchor setup I use offshore with a 26lb danforth, 20' of chain, 600' of line and a 100' painter in this space along with our grill and a fender no problem. Some mention handling issues with the engine mounted further forward but I have not noticed any issues even in rougher weather offshore. The quarter berth is smaller, but I sleep in there just fine when tuna fishing offshore (at 5'11" and 215ish) and let my "crew" (fishing buddies) split the v berth. They typically leave the table up.

They don't seem to come on the market often, so I would be ready to move quickly if one comes up. My wife says that even if we get a larger boat in the future the Albin is here to stay so unfortunately we cant help you with your seach, but good luck!
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”