• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Canvas Cockpit Enclosures

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Canvas Cockpit Enclosures

Post by johnmurray »

When I purchased my boat two years ago I had Sunbrella drop curtains (with large windows) made to enclose the back of the pilot house and also had a short Sunbrella bimini made to extend the pilot house roof and (partially) cover the cockpit. While the drop curtains have been great, the bimini has not been very useful because it is to small and does not shed water properly.
I have now decided to replace the bimini with a bigger and better one that extends to the stern of the boat and am also considering adding removable side and stern curtains (mainly clear plastic with zippered screen windows).
While my boat (the Albin 30FC with the aft cabin) is a bit different than the 28TEs owned by most list memebrs I am interested in any advice that might be offered, particularly in the attachment arrangements. Photos would also be most welcome.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

check out this website

www.ez2cy.com

I have been pushing these to people for a long time. They are awesome. Check out the photo galery on the website.....you'll especially like the pics of the 49' Eastbay as I think that is what you may be after.

These thinigs are hard plexi glass, scratch resistant, mold resistant, and easily cleaned. They often have nice, clean cut joints for folding an opening so you never have to roll them up.

I'm not sure if you can do the screen option, but its worth a look.

They are not cheap and I have no connection to the company.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey John,

I posted this a little while back, sounds like it might meet your needs:

http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.php?t=795

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional pictures.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”