• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windshield Wipers Leaking

Otter
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: San Francisco, CA

Windshield Wipers Leaking

Post by Otter »

Hi All,

I have an Albin 31TE. The port and center windshield wipers are leaking when taking spray/wave splash over the side and bow. I tried tightening the bolts from the outside, but that did not seem to improve the issue at all. Has anyone had experience with this and can recommend a possible fix?

Thanks!
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Windshield Wipers Leaking

Post by catalina_mike »

My gaskets were pretty dried out so tighten mine would not help things. I did my wipers two weeks ago and went with panographic arms. Had to take everything off to mount the new arms so I silicones under the washer, gasket and nut. Next modification will be new motors with backside adjustment. I could get more throw out of the existing motors but I want new ones that have better features. My 28 has a horn under the brow that if your has you should check it all out as well.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Otter
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: San Francisco, CA

Post by Otter »

Mike,

That makes sense. I'll take a look at possibly replacing the entire arms and adding silicone as you suggested.

Panographic arms sound like a nice upgrade. Is there a model you recommend? Are you willing to share pictures of the final product?

Also, good point on the horn. I'm going to check that out Thursday night.

-Alex
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal