• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 Albin TE Wondering about Trailering this thing

Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Re: 28 Albin TE Wondering about Trailering this thing

Post by Sprig1 »

Really looked like a fun trip. Just some questions on your road trip. Did you pull wide load permits for all the states and did you stop at the weigh scales? Keep having fun! Thanks chris
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

Sprig1 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:08 am Really looked like a fun trip. Just some questions on your road trip. Did you pull wide load permits for all the states and did you stop at the weigh scales? Keep having fun! Thanks chris
It was a great trip!

I pulled permits for each state, and stopped at weigh stations as required on the permits. The only station where I didn't immediately get the green light was southbound in Georgia.

I would not make the trip without permits due to potential fines and liability issues in the instance of an accident.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
ArmyFish
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Bay, FL

Post by ArmyFish »

JaredH,

Do you have the height of your trailer bunks from the trailer crossmembers and axles to bottom of the bunks? Just bought a 28 TE and thinking of modifying a used trailer to haul it. Thanks!
julio
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Tampa Fl

Post by julio »

Dual axle 6lug
Hauled with a F350 super duty ford truck lauches and retrieves perfectly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re 2007 Pacific Trailer for 28te Flush Deck forsle

Post by whwells »

Members I recently sold Northern Star without the trailer. This Galvanized trailer has never been in the water having had the boat removed by lifts since new. I am second owner and the original owner did the same. Both of us also stored the trailer inside all year. It is in absolute new condition. Bearing, seals
and races recently replaced just as a maintenance issue. Surge brakes work like new because they have never been in salt water.
The trailer is currently in storage in Northern Cal. Send me a private message i interested. It will be very favorable priced since the boat is gone.
Howard Wells

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”