• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Removing pilothouse sliding door

haida
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Orcas Island

Removing pilothouse sliding door

Post by haida »

2005 28TE Flushdeck. I need to replace the Mobella lock hardware on my pilothouse sliding door. When removing the old unit, some of the parts dropped down inside the door and are trapped there. I can live with that but don't want the new parts to end up there too, so would like to take the door off the track and lay it flat to install the new units.

I have removed the top cover and can see the rollers in the track. It looks like all I need to do is back out the bolt holding each roller and the top of the door would tip out. Getting a wrench on the sternside screw is easy, but on the bowside locknut, it is all but impossible. I thought of trying to grind down a 14mm open end wrench to minimum width and thickness, but not sure even that would fit in there.

Has anyone removed this door, and how did you do it?

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”