• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

SUN VISOR?

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

SUN VISOR?

Post by johnmurray »

My primary boating area is the Ottawa River and I often find myself heading west (up river) into the setting sun. I think I need some sort of sun visor (like on an auto) that might be mounted above the top of the forward windows, or maybe a vinyl strip to "tint" the upper part of the windows. Has anyone found a solution to this matter, or has any suggestions?
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Rabiss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Charlotte Fl

Re: SUN VISOR?

Post by Rabiss »

An idea would have the top 1/4 of the windshield tinted. I live in Florida and I had the top 1/4 of my windshield tinted.
Randy
06 Albin 28
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

Re: SUN VISOR?

Post by HerBoat35 »

We went to the auto store and purchased a roll of sun shield material. Can't remember what is called, but it comes in a roll and in different colors. You can cut it to fit your window shape. It is held on by static and stays in place. We have had it on our front boat windows all summer without any problems even in the heat.

Bayard
1999 Albin 35TE
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”