• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Time for Two, Albin 35

Time for Two
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Peaks Island Maine; Slipped Plante's Marina

Time for Two, Albin 35

Post by Time for Two »

We purchased our 2002 35 Albin this past Spring. Registered on the Albin owners group in May and then got busy with the boat. Reconnecting now. Great forum and looking forward to using the forum to learn more about our boat and resources it has to offer.
My wife Mary and I (Joe) have a home on Peaks Island, Maine and slip our Boat at Plant's Marina. This summer was a learning experience with the Time for Two as it has been for every boat we have owned. Love this one! Caught my first Blue Fin Tuna 222 lbs in August and now addicted to catching more We want to explore the New England coast and learn more about locations other boaters can suggest. One goal is bringing our boat down the coast for the winter (retired this year) either next year or in 2019. Cheers, Joe and Mary
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Re: Time for Two, Albin 35, 2017 new member

Post by rebuckley »

Welcome to the world of Albins!
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, great boat. Sounds like you have the world by the tail, enjoy the ride.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome Mary and Joe: Well, you have my attention. Your 35te is still my favorite of the Albin's and fishing is the thing I enjoy most about boating. This is a great site and you will find lots of knowledgeable information and all with a willingness to share.

I am personally boat less at the moment having gone through the 35te, a 42 Sabre, mostly recently a 36 Albin Express Trawler. Would jump at the chance to buy another 35te Sport Flybridge but they are few and far between and no expectation one will come up.

Now looking outside the Albin family but hopeful there is still something out there. The good ones are becoming rare so care for yours.

Howard
dcullinan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Newburyport YC Newburyport, MA

Good to hear about another 35 Flybrige.

Post by dcullinan »

I have just joined the Albin network. I have just purchased a 1999 35 Sportfish LS. I have not seen too many of this model.
The boat has been repowered, they pulled out CAT 3116's and put in CAT 3126's.
Last owner was not good with maintaince, so we put the boat at the Kittery Point Yacht Yard for a month and they went through everything. A great yard to work with.
Still learning the boat, so far it feels great to run. I had an Albin 34 years ago an enjoyed that boat.
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Not to be taken the wrong way as this is a great site, BUT, that said it does get pretty centric on the smaller models of Albins. I can't remember the last time a 43 was discussed.

Therefore I might suggest that along with the Albin group you also try the MTOA (Marine Trawlers Owners Association) and no you don't need to have a trawler to join. 1 in our group on the Chesapeake drives a Post Sportsfisher.

The MTOA is not any brand specific and covers a broad range of topics and of course you can raise your own. Check out the MTOA site at mtoa.net. You'll see that there are sub-groups located all over and besides having a helpful forum, the people in the sub-groups generally get together for cruising.

If you decide to join, please use my MTOA number 3927 as I get a pin for new members.

Any questions that I might be able to help with directly, let me know. We are currently on the Loop and having a great time doing it.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
Time for Two
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Time for Two »

Thank you. Will check out and pin if I join. I suppose many in this group cruise south so I hope I can learn how to avoid mistakes. Any other resources out there for traveling south. Cheers, Joe
Time for Two
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Time for Two »

I used Kittery in the past and was impressed by their service. I have twin Cummins 6BTA's and just learning about them. They look well care for and ran very well last year. Good luck with the new boat. Joe
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

Congrats!

We saw your boat out at peaks this summer. We are on a mooring in falmouth.

Nothing quite like tuna fishing on the gulf of Maine on a comfy boat!

I’m sure we will cross paths at some point on casco bay.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

What is the 1999 35te Sportfish LS? Only sport fisher in the 35te that I know if is the Flybridge Sportfisher. Is it a flybridge?
Howard
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape May, NJ

Re: Good to hear about another 35 Flybrige.

Post by taggteam »

dcullinan wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:51 pm I have just joined the Albin network. I have just purchased a 1999 35 Sportfish LS. I have not seen too many of this model.
The boat has been repowered, they pulled out CAT 3116's and put in CAT 3126's.
Last owner was not good with maintaince, so we put the boat at the Kittery Point Yacht Yard for a month and they went through everything. A great yard to work with.
Still learning the boat, so far it feels great to run. I had an Albin 34 years ago an enjoyed that boat.
Hey...was that Tim's boat out of Newburyport?
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Re: Time for Two, Albin 35

Post by rcwhite »

This looks similar to a post I might have made but I don't often think to:)

Ruth is looking to retire this year and we hope to spend a couple of months going down the coast this fall as well. Hard to plan further than that so we will have to see how things play out from there. We enjoy exploring and
spend a most of our summer weekends anchored somewhere. We cruise from BI to Downeast when time permits but spend weekends a little closer to home in the bays either side of here.. We purchased the boat in Annapolis and look forward so spending more time than was afforded on the trip north.

If you haven't already, take a look at the Maine Island Trail Association. While not geared for cruising, the guide does have quite a bit of information on places you can visit.

Maybe we will see you out there.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”