• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

It's the nice guys you have to look out for.......Update.....

Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

It's the nice guys you have to look out for.......Update.....

Post by Tom Cunningham »

So I get a call not long ago from a nice fella not too far away in So Cal. Says he like the looks of a Albin 28, not many around, thinks it might be his next boat and could he look at mine sometime. I say sure, absolutely, always love to talk Albins.....come to San Diego. Long story short is that a couple weeks later this son of a gun comes to visit and quietly brings his checkbook! Now I'm very soon to be boat-less. Please add me to the list of diseased former TE28 owners looking to move up to a nice 31TE or 35TE. Looking for a really nice example and am a cash buyer and somewhat distressed......Thanks Dave....Tom.
Last edited by Tom Cunningham on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: It's the nice guys you have to look out for...

Post by RobS »

Well you know what they say - everything is for sale. But that only holds true if the unsuspecting offer is right or "better than right".. Good for you and good for him. Smart on his part even if he paid a little xtra because, as you know, Albin's are not common on the left coast and he just saved himself a lot money (and time) that could have been eaten up real fast with traveling, surveys and possible shipping... Your boat must have been real nice, get ready for a lot of "not so nice" one's out there!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

RobS wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:35 pm Well you know what they say - everything is for sale. But that only holds true if the unsuspecting offer is right or "better than right"..
Tom Cunningham wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm So I get a call not long ago from a nice fella not too far away in So Cal. Says he like the looks of a Albin 28, not many around, thinks it might be his next boat and could he look at mine sometime. I say sure, absolutely, always love to talk Albins.....come to San Diego. Long story short is that a couple weeks later this son of a gun comes to visit and quietly brings his checkbook! Now I'm very soon to be boat-less. Please add me to the list of diseased former TE28 owners looking to move up to a nice 31TE or 35TE. Looking for a really nice example and am a cash buyer and somewhat distressed......Thanks Dave....Tom.

As Rob said, "everything is for sale" and your life in a 28 didn't last long. You do have the disease! All the best in searching out that 31TE.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Cunningham »

"Miller Lite" is an extra nice example of a 28. Dave researched this site and then did some detective work and leg work from there. It is good for both of us...but it sure happened fast!
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

Tom. Call me. Let's talk boats. Mike. 858 220 8947.
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Cunningham »

We have an update. We made a trip to Florida....Ft. Meyers area to look at a nice 35te hiding out on local craigslist and also a Compton 33. The Compton won us over and is under contract. It's kinda a next generation Albin by Terry Compton...not real fishy as is but I'll correct that. Should be here in a few weeks. Probably long weeks. Tom.
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It's the nice guys you have to look out for....... Update!...

Post by Tom Cunningham »

catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: It's the nice guys you have to look out for.......Update.....

Post by catalina_mike »

Tom Cunningham wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm So I get a call not long ago from a nice fella not too far away in So Cal. Says he like the looks of a Albin 28, not many around, thinks it might be his next boat and could he look at mine sometime. I say sure, absolutely, always love to talk Albins.....come to San Diego. Long story short is that a couple weeks later this son of a gun comes to visit and quietly brings his checkbook! Now I'm very soon to be boat-less. Please add me to the list of diseased former TE28 owners looking to move up to a nice 31TE or 35TE. Looking for a really nice example and am a cash buyer and somewhat distressed......Thanks Dave....Tom.
You can come fish with me until you get another! My midweek guy started a company because he was bored. :shock:
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Cunningham »

Thanks Mike! The Compton should arrive by truck in a few weeks....Tom.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Tom,
Twin QSB 380's ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Cunningham »

Yes, they are a healthy pair. On the sea trial with 4 people on board with afternoon chop they ran right up to specs of just over 3000rpm and 30 mph. An impressive rig...and easy on the eyes too!
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Catalina here we come!
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Mike: Enjoy the new adventure . Howard
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Any updates on the Compton? She is an Albin cousin after all, so we hope you stick around!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Cunningham »

Hi Doug. Biggest update is that it really is a lot of boat compared to a 28 TE. Lots of crawling around and learning the secrets of the boat. With only 19 made it's a really small forum. I understand there are two in Santa Barbara that I'm trying to reach out to....I've lined up a good Cummins mechanic to get started on regular maintenance schedule starting tomorrow... A 65 gal west coast style bait tank in the cockpit and custom rod holders up top and then just go fishing for the season. Thanks for the note....Tom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”