• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE Bedding question

n36511
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Indian Harbour Beach, FL

28 TE Bedding question

Post by n36511 »

Hi all. First off, thanks for adding me to the forum! First post. I've been an avid boater my entire life and am now beginning my search for my next boat. The Albin quality stands out to me and I am particularly interested in the 28TE. I was in hopes someone on the site can give me a little more detail about the sleeping arrangements on this boat. I see the dinette converts to bed but not sure it will work for my wife and I. I am 6'2" and the misses is 5'3". Both average build. Any thoughts as to how much room we would have if we both slept on the dinette berth? Do most sleep with their heads forward?

Thanks for any advice and guidance you can give us.

Scott
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: 28 TE Bedding question

Post by Norseman »

I am 6’2 as well. Plenty of room in the main berth. The back rests all fold up for additional space forward. Only a short-time owner, not tried every position yet, but suspect one will sleep feet forward.
Or sideways.
Did one overnight trip with a 2 buddies: I left in the quarterberth and my friends shared the big one. No complaints, but they were also full of rum and cokes:)
As for a couple sleeping in the quarterberth, either be skinny, or newlywed..
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
n36511
Swabby
Swabby

Post by n36511 »

Norseman wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:48 pm I am 6’2 as well. Plenty of room in the main berth. The back rests all fold up for additional space forward. Only a short-time owner, not tried every position yet, but suspect one will sleep feet forward.
Or sideways.
Did one overnight trip with a 2 buddies: I left in the quarterberth and my friends shared the big one. No complaints, but they were also full of rum and cokes:)
As for a couple sleeping in the quarterberth, either be skinny, or newlywed..
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply!
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

I just happen to have a photo to help you. :) The overall length is 74", so a bit tight if you like to sleep fully stretched out, but if you angle yourself a little, you should be OK. We sleep with our feet toward the bow.
cushions-1600.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
n36511
Swabby
Swabby

Post by n36511 »

Nancy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm I just happen to have a photo to help you. :) The overall length is 74", so a bit tight if you like to sleep fully stretched out, but if you angle yourself a little, you should be OK. We sleep with our feet toward the bow.

cushions-1600.JPG
That helps paint the picture! Thanks Nancy!!
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

Just in case you missed the quarter birth thing above.

The 28 TE has what they call a quarter birth that runs under the pilot house. I understand that the engine box model has a wider one then the one I had on my 28. Of course I use the quarter birth for supplies. Most down east styles of this size do not have this feature, mostly an Albin thing.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Hi,I’m 6’1” and find the v birth is plenty roomy enough for us, it’s so wide that you can angle over a bit and still have room for your mate, the quarter birth sleeps one grown up easily,my young daughter “loves” it, and if you get a yeti 65 and put a cushion on it it is the same hieght as the engine box and one additional adult can sleep their easily during fair weather,,good luck,,

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”