• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member on the Chesapeake

JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eden, MD

Re: New Member on the Chesapeake

Post by JFaberMD »

verit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 am Howdy Josh,

Thanks for the welcome!

Many years ago we visited Tangier Island via ferry. It was an interesting place. A bit of a throwback in time because they didn't have TV or other types of media communications. I think they spoke some type of Elizabethan English and were famous for their orange cake.

I'd like to go back just to refresh my memory. They've probably all have cell phones by now.

Hope to catch you at one of the local Albin meetups!

Cheers,
Tom,

Yes, Tangier Island is a very interesting place. I do believe that they have some sort of telephone communications there now but I'm not 100%. I know that their population has declined a lot over the past 10 - 15 years. Not to mention, Smith Island kind of steals all the tourists since they have most of the ferries plus an airport plus the Smith Island Cakes. If we are still in MD this summer, we will definitely be up that way because we have friends on the Bodkin and on the Magothy. Hope to see you out there.

Josh
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
filer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member on the Chesapeake

Post by filer »

<moved from new member introductions>

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”