• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Does anyone have a Albin 28 Power boat on boat lift?

richprag
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Charlotte Harbor, FL

Does anyone have a Albin 28 Power boat on boat lift?

Post by richprag »

I want to store my Albin 28 on my boat lift. The lift at this time is configured for a cruiser. I am looking for either design of the hull of Albin 28 or specifications for the lift. The lift guy says that I need minimum 45” of water (38” for draft + 7” for lift beam). Would appreciate anyone who can confirm or contradict this. Thanks in advance.
captaingary
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Coral, FL

Re: Does anyone have a Albin 28 Power boat on boat lift?

Post by captaingary »

Hi Rich
Your lift guy is wrong. I just had a 13k Boat Lift US installed for my 28te and here are the measurements i took this morning after reading your post. This is a loose Drive on, it could be tightened up some, possibly. You are close by, so you could stop buy if you would like , and see it for yourself. Gary 651-303-2469

1- Front lift I-Beam, below farthest back Port hole, 35.5 inches down to allow boat to float on or off. this is from the bottom of the I-Beam to the surface
2- Rear lift I-Beam, Below Rear " Sling" mark on the hull must be at least that to allow Bow to float over.
You must have enough Depth at stern to allow Keel not to hit Bottom of Slip.
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

I had my 28 on on a lift for 4 years. I think the lift man was trying to say you need enough water to float the boat, and allow for the lift supports to clear too. My boat lift is a fairly large Hi-Tide unit capable of holding 24,000 lbs. So there was more metal to deal with. You should have less.

You know that the 38 inch draft is at the back of the keel. That part should never see the supports that the lift uses. (Your lift man may have wanted more clearance so you would never hit the submerge support beams) I suspect that the lift supports will not go quite down far as the keel, but that of course depends on how high the supports are, plus any other spacers and the hight of the crib supports. The front support sits up a few inches higher than the rear one does. The crib supports are likely not to be an issue since they go up the V of the hull a bit. My crib supports were about 3.5 feet apart for my 28.

You also need to make sure that any through hulls sensors will not hit when the cradle snugs up against hull.

I placed a pad on the rear support to keep the keel from hitting the rear support if the boat was to drift forward to far.

I use the same lift for my 31. The 31 was a bit tricker since it has a small front keel that actually sits down between the two cross supports. I need 4 inches more water to miss the cross supports when I come and go.

I did mark my lift guide pole with the float line so I know I have enough water to leave or return.Finally if you come an go at night, checkout my solar powered light on the four guide poles.
DSC_8112.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
richprag
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Charlotte Harbor, FL

Post by richprag »

Thank you so very much for your detailed responses.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”