• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ready for new season

Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Ready for new season

Post by Capt Brad »

“About Time” is washed, shined and ready for boatyard to pick up for a few repairs before launch. Hope to be in the water in a week or so. Looking forward to trying an overnighter or two.
EF67D914-D0F3-4DD9-BF9D-2EFEA903750E.jpeg
A8D1AB1C-960E-4F5C-BE41-6BCC0F268B24.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Capt Brad
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Ready for new season

Post by WillieC »

Same here! Just a few items left to do.
IMG_1481.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

Looking good! I’ve got my whole cooling system apart. All the coolers on the bench water pump to mixing elbow. No wax before the splash on Friday for Isla. She’s supposed to be at the yard by Monday morning... more wrenches to spin!
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

That cooling system looks more complicated than my whole engine! No end to it, so do it right.

Capt. Brad, you ARE going to beef up that trailer a bit, right?
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Jaredh »

WillieC wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:40 pm That cooling system looks more complicated than my whole engine! No end to it, so do it right.

Capt. Brad, you ARE going to beef up that trailer a bit, right?
Funny! I had the same thought about the trailer.
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Post by Paddy »

I got to say, the heat exchanger on the 6LP Yanmar caught me off guard, it was heavy to remount! After cleaning, I strapped it to the bracket and enlisted my poor wife to hold it in place while getting the first bolt in. She laid across the top of the block and did her best...not happy and I owe her a manicure but we got it done along with a new alternator and belts. Last year, we did the intercooler, which was much easier. Ironically, both the intercooler and HE were spotless after 1450 hours of saltwater, head scratcher but happy.
2004 28TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

WillieC wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:40 pm Capt. Brad, you ARE going to beef up that trailer a bit, right?
He's going to pump the boat full of helium. Should work like a charm! 8)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Capt Brad »

Funny guys! Love the helium comment! Just my dingy trailer. Boat yard just around the corner. They grab it fo me. She’s at boatyard right now having a few repairs and modifications made. Installing new batteries and “sure shade” sun shade I ordered this winter. Basic model extends out to just shy of transom. Nice product and works easily. Provides shade without interfering with clear gunnels for fishing etc. relocating fwd battery from under stbd helm to center line aft with the other battery. Not going to deal with struggle again! New battery charger and saltwater wash down pump. Hope to be in next week!
Capt Brad
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Capt Brad,

Thanks for being a good sport. I keep thinking I am ready to launch, then I find another thing the PO touched. So today I'm replacing sanitary hoses. Does 1-1/2" hose fit a 1-1/4" barb? No it does not. Good thing the valve works.

Got my burgee yesterday so new picture coming for my profile pic, (as soon as I launch...grrr.)
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Got her launched this afternoon. 10.7 tide on our ramp is about as low as we can go but we got her done.

SO glad I got the alarms working last summer AND installed the speed seal raw water pump cover. The Starfleet Commander was tootling around our cove when the Exhaust Temp Alarm sounded and she dutifully shut it down. I was done rinsing the trailer so I rowed the dinghy out wondering what the heck went wrong. Brand new raw water pump, strainer, speed seal kit, hoses...WHAT? Well...you gotta tighten those clamps or the hose might blow off. She had it diagnosed and we had all the parts on board for a five minute fix. I guess that's what sea trials are for. As all my math teachers over the years said, "Check your work."
IMG_1494.JPG

Tomorrow, in the daylight, I'll get some good pics and post them.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

First run, sea trials 2018. Sometimes I pinch myself just to make sure this is really where we live. Enjoy.
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

WillieC wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 pm .....Sometimes I pinch myself just to make sure this is really where we live...
Those are some beautiful shots and I often think the same thing as our area has some fantastic boating areas as well. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how many people live in coastal areas like these and have never been out on the water...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Jaredh »

Jaredh wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:19 pm Looking good! I’ve got my whole cooling system apart. All the coolers on the bench water pump to mixing elbow. No wax before the splash on Friday for Isla. She’s supposed to be at the yard by Monday morning... more wrenches to spin!
Launched and got her to the mooring yesterday. Replaced raw water intake hose, and all engine cooling system hoses with new clamps.

Bruised all over and the project ended up becoming much more involved than anticipated, but with a nice clean aftercooler cruising speed bumped up almost 2 knots to 19kn at 3300rpm! (Yanmar 315)

Also replaced air filter, new water pump impeller + seals, heating elements for preheater, and a bunch of other stuff I am surely forgetting.

Peace of mine 50 miles offshore is worth it!
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Capt Brad »

About Time launches the other day. New batteries with both now mounted centerline aft of engine/shaft, raw water pump impeller , new retractable cockpit sun shade, new battery charger, New salt water wash down pump. Boat ran good on quick sea trial. Was a cold windy and generally sloppy day. Weather looks good for a short lunch run tomorrow .
Capt Brad

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”