• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2005 35TE - Fresh water

Hpmc3
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Key Largo FL

2005 35TE - Fresh water

Post by Hpmc3 »

Hello all
I'm currently have a fresh water hose hooked up to the hose bib under my hand pump on the starbord side stern area and I guess I expected this to be my water supply while docked. Apparently this is not true. I'm still drawing off of my water tank. I'm I missing something? Is there a diverter valve somewhere or is this hose connection for something else?
Does anyone know where I can find manuals for this boat?
Help a brother out.
"H"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 2005 35TE

Post by DougSea »

Our 35 has an inlet plumbed just below the starboard hose bib. (Horrible location BTW)

Albins can be strange beasts. Very much semi-custom so you have to figure things out on your boat on your own.

In thinking about your post - backfeeding through the hose bib SHOULD work. You’re on the pressure side of the fresh water system. Unless your dockside water pressure is REALLY low the pump shouldn’t kick on, and therefore wouldn’t draw from the tank.

Edit - the only reason I can think of that would make your setup not work is a check valve or back flow preventer (same thing really). You should check the back side of the hose bib. That’s the logical spot for a check valve.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”