• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Sure Shade ON 28TE

Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

New Sure Shade ON 28TE

Post by Capt Brad »

Attached are a few photos of our new "Sure Shade" retractable cockpit sun shade we installed this year on "About Time", our 28TE. It works smoothly. Also A pic of the footrest extension I made this winter.Took our first test run Monday on a lunch run. Good to be back in the water.
Capt Brad
DSCN0556.JPG
DSCN0557.JPG
DSCN0575.JPG
DSCN0574.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Capt Brad
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Re: New Sure Shade ON 28TE

Post by Sisu22 »

I like that shade, the full bimini is nice on ours, but the poles get in the way and then of course the top does as well for fishing. Haven't even folded it down once actually!
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Post by Alan_Douville »

Is that the 6 Foot Sureshade or the 9 Foot one there? I am debating one now and wondering if the 9 foot is what is needed to get out properly? Looks great!

Alan
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Sisu22 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm I like that shade, the full bimini is nice on ours, but the poles get in the way and then of course the top does as well for fishing. Haven't even folded it down once actually!
Mine was designed to fold forward and fit under the rocket launches to allow access for fighting a fish.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Capt Brad »

Alan, it is the six foot manual RTX. Wanted to keep it simple. It extends to just shy of the transom. In hind sight, I could have gone a few inches wider.
Capt Brad
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Capt Brad »

Alan, looked at ordering paper work. The Manaul RTX extends 4.5ft Max . As I said above, it extends to just shy of the transom. If you want more extension you will have to at least go to the hand crank model, which has exposed tubes that Are much longer and about a $1000.00 more. I went with 65” total width but you could go a few more inches if top mounted. I was going to go under mount, but worried it would be a head knocker when going forward.
Brad
Capt Brad
whiteyvt
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Burlington, VT

Post by whiteyvt »

catalina_mike wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 am
Sisu22 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm I like that shade, the full bimini is nice on ours, but the poles get in the way and then of course the top does as well for fishing. Haven't even folded it down once actually!
Mine was designed to fold forward and fit under the rocket launches to allow access for fighting a fish.
Do you have a photo you could share of the forward-folding bimini?
David White
"WWHIM", Lake Champlain, Burlington VT
2001 Albin 28 (engine box model)
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

[attachment=0]IMG_6797.JPG[/attachment

Sorry couldn't get the link to work. Pm email and I'll figure something out.😩
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”