• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New battery Installation on About Time

Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

New battery Installation on About Time

Post by Capt Brad »

Here are some Pics of my new battery installation on About Time. relocated the fwd battery from under the helm chair to center line aft with the other battery. Boxe made of starboard.
DSCN0591.JPG
DSCN0599.JPG
DSCN0601.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Capt Brad
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Re: New battery Installation on About Time

Post by Jaredh »

Nicely done!

I have one under the starboard deck hatch with the removable insert, and one in that aft location. Access looks way better with your modification.

I don't mean to bash or be negative, but am curious, do you have any concerns with both batteries being so low in the boat? I do like that the second 4d on my flush deck is a foot or so higher in the bilge, although this makes it a nightmare to service. In my head I had thought a redundant battery higher up in the case of water intrusion could be a good thing. It is a boat though, so everything is a compromise.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Post by Alan_Douville »

That looks great and I always debated doing the same thing, as that forward starboard battery is impossible to get at, unless you are a spider monkey.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Jared, I figure by the time the water gets up to the top of the batteries, I taking on serious water and have more troubles with all the bulge pumps. The top is really just under the deck tub. My secon choice was to sacrifice the stbd stowage tub and it would be a few inches higher. Like you said, compromise . Lost that pesky slight stbd list though.
Capt Brad
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

That list drives me nuts! Very obvious with an empty water yank.

Slick install and great access.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Post by dgetswet »

What kind of batteries are those? I most likely have to replace mine this year as 2 are for 2013 and 1 are from 2015.
Is your bilge pump located right behind your batteries? That is where mine is located.

Thanks
Don
2005 28' Flush Deck
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”