• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for 28 flush deck

dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Looking for 28 flush deck

Post by dgetswet »

Looking for a 28ft flush deck with a yanmar engine for sale. Cask buyer (meaning money is secured no waiting on loan approval) Would also consider the 31 ft Albin if price is right.

Don
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Re: Looking for 28 flush deck

Post by Jaredh »

dgetswet wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 am Looking for a 28ft flush deck with a yanmar engine for sale. Cask buyer (meaning money is secured no waiting on loan approval) Would also consider the 31 ft Albin if price is right.

Don
Looks like there is an 05 and an 06 flush deck with Yanmar 315 on boattrader.com right now. Don't know anything about the boats but they both seem priced reasonably if in good shape at $75k and $88k.

You are going to be looking at 03 and newer to find a flush deck, and I believe there are two versions. The early flush decks had a deeper cockpit and in turn higher gunnels with a step up to the helm, some required a smaller rudder due to handling quirks. Fuel capacity is also lower at ~130 gallons which gives ~250 mile range. I have an 03 and it is setup like this. Later boats had a deck flush from transom to the companionway with a shallower cockpit and in turn lower gunnels. I understand that these boats had larger fuel tanks.

The flush deck with the yanmar 315 is an awesome setup. We fish ours hard, rinse the blood off the deck, then the wife and I can cruise in comfort. There truly isn't another boat like them. Its like a Parker or Steiger in a tuxedo.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Post by dgetswet »

Thanks. I did purchase a 2005. Hoping to have it home very soon. Any chance you know the weight of your boat?
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

dgetswet wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:42 pm Thanks. I did purchase a 2005. Hoping to have it home very soon. Any chance you know the weight of your boat?
~10,500lbs with empty holding and water tank, and half fuel.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Jaredh wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 am There truly isn't another boat like them. Its like a Parker or Steiger in a tuxedo.
Just catching your post from June .. your description is classic & right on the money too!

To the OP:Congrats on your new found Albin ownership and welcome to AOG.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”