• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Sure Shade ON 28TE

Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

New Sure Shade ON 28TE

Post by Alan_Douville »

Well, after measuring twice and cutting once, we have a new MTX (Stainless) Sureshade on Valkyrie... Can't wait to cruise and fish under the sun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Re: New Sure Shade ON 28TE

Post by amber jj »

Looks fantastic!! Is it powered or manually operated? Bob and Val
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

2008..?
One of the last Albin 28TE’s made?
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Alan_Douville »

amber jj wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:35 pm Looks fantastic!! Is it powered or manually operated? Bob and Val
The MTX is the manual one and the widest they make in this model, which fits perfect for the 28 Roof. If I wanted wider, I had to step it up to the automatic one, which seemed a bit overkill
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Alan_Douville »

Norseman wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:03 pm 2008..?
The last Albin made in Rhode Island. Lisa and I ordered this boat from the factory and we were notified during the construction that they were closing shop. They promised us extra attention to quality and to how it was a huge focus being the last boat leaving the line. We can't complain at all, she has been a workhorse and true to craftmanship. Well that and plus she has always been in freshwater helps :)
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

Wow. Post some pictures of the last 28 made.
sbbcc
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: N/A

Post by sbbcc »

Alan_Douville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm
Norseman wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:03 pm 2008..?
The last Albin made in Rhode Island. Lisa and I ordered this boat from the factory and we were notified during the construction that they were closing shop. They promised us extra attention to quality and to how it was a huge focus being the last boat leaving the line. We can't complain at all, she has been a workhorse and true to craftmanship. Well that and plus she has always been in freshwater helps :)
Were some of the Albin hulls finished by other companies after they shut down?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

First off to the OP .. nice job with the Sure Shade.

A handful of 28's were made by Shamrock and with the last recession they shutdown. Following their shutdown C&C Boats of RI made a few 28's during the recession and with demand low during those years they abandoned production, but continue to produce the Northcoast boat line.

Do a search on here for Shamrock & Northcoast and you'll find a few threads.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Marys, Georgia

Post by hatchetjoe »

My fixed shade over the aft deck is nice except that it and the side supports get in the way of fishing.

I've searched our site and looked at biminis and SureShade. The SureShade looks very nice to me. Question for Alan and Capt Brad, after a year of having the SureShade do you still like them? I can't tell from your pictures but I assume that there are two supports for the SureShade on each side and that each support has 2 through bolts, meaning that you had to drill 8 holes through the pilot house roof? Is this correct? How did you seal the bolt holes? Can you mount the SureShade on top of the pilothouse roof fitting under the radar arch with rocket launchers?

Thanks!
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
315 hp Yanmar 6LPA STP 19x17 4 blade prop
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Hatchet joe,
Year you have to drill holes through hard top. Since I had my boatyard install, I’m not sure what sealer they used. I would say any silicone non adhesive would work fine. I went with the manual pull out which has a short tube. I also have the hard top with the over hang somI am mounted aft of the radar arch. Yes you can work around rocket launchers. Sure shade has diagrams fo how to do it. They will work with you and have you take measurements. Pictures are helpful for them. Go as wide as you can. I should have gone a few inches wider. The canvas is narrower than the frame. One note- they only ship to commercial address so I had mine shipped direct to my boatyard. They are very easy to work with. All in all, I am very happy with it. One last thing- since I have the manual pull out, there is nothing to prevent the frame from being forced to far in -popping off the forward plastic end caps on the tubes which are secured with a couple of set screws . Therefore before shrink wrapping, I put would blocks between the after edge of hard top and the crossbar of the frame to prevent too much pressure on the tube caps when the cover is shrinks. This shifted the load to the blocks instead of the end caps.

Brad
Capt Brad

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”