• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Help with Hull #

bcpaine
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Homer, Alaska

Help with Hull #

Post by bcpaine »

Hello AOG members, This is my first post as I recently joined your group as I am interested in perhaps purchasing an Albin 31TE.

I am looking at a 2009 Albin 31TE that is for sale here in Puget Sound. Has been moored in Port Orchard, WA since purchased new in 2009. In my research I think this boat was made by C&C Marine in RI from the Albin 31 mold that Albin sold to C&C when they closed in 2007.

The Hull number for this boat is: 0PAA1100J809. Do any of you know what the first four digits represent "OPAA"? I assume "1100" must mean this was hull #1? And J809 means the hull was laid in January 2009?

Just wondering how many 31TE boats C&C Marine produced. I think is must have been very few, maybe just one. The interior workmanship of the finish/trim of this vessel is not on par with the original Abin company's workmanship IMHO.

Any information on the post-2007 Albin boats made by C&C Marine would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brent in Seattle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Help with Hull #

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing about your 31TE.

OPAA in the hull ID is the builder designation which is Palmer Marine not C&C boats. Palmer Marine was in line with the TE molds before C&C. They built very few 28's and you're the first to surface with a 31.

Like many smaller boat builders of the time Bo Palmer who also built Shamrock & Defiance boats closed his doors in 2009 after going bankrupt . After that C&C took possession of the Albin 28 & 31 TE molds. C&C never built a 31 TE and has discontinued production of the 28.

0PAA1100J809
OPAA - Palmer Marine
1 - 31
100 - hull number 1
J - layup month October
8 - layup year 2008
09 - model year 2009
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp