• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2007 Albin 28 TE Flush deck surveying question

badornato1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: san francisco

2007 Albin 28 TE Flush deck surveying question

Post by badornato1 »

Am considering a 07 flush deck 28 TE in Marina del Rey, (California).

What special areas should i be looking at in a survey? aluminum fuel tank corrosion? is it a cored hull? headliner leaks?
Raymarine E120 glitches?

AND, anyone out there has a reference for an (independent) marine surveyor in Los Angeles area?

bruce adornato
boatless in San Francisco
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Re: 2007 Albin 28 TE Flush deck surveying question

Post by OldDemps »

That looks like a great boat and price!!. I just sold 2006 TE and the buyer hired Eric Parsen of Marine Services in Santa Barbara to inspect prior to purchase. http://www.sb-marineservices.com/
Eric was AWESOME. Yanmar certified and has a lot of Albin specific experience and a Albin trailer to relocate boat to Bay Area . I’m sure he’d be worth every penny to pay him to drive to LA to inspect that boat you’re interested in. He’s a systems / engine guy not certified hull surveyor.
The only area of concern I would suggest you look at is the mid hatch above transmission with fish box is really heavy and laminate starts to separate underneath where the hatch and deck lip come together by hinges. I understand the hull is all glass and I’m not aware of any other weak areas in modern 28TE. That boat has Newport style wrap around companion seat so I’m not familiar with that configuration personally but have owned two 28TE’s on SF bay and it’s a perfect boat for here. Enjoy!
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
Expoguy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Dana Point, CA

Re: 2007 Albin 28 TE Flush deck surveying question

Post by Expoguy »

badornato1 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm Am considering a 07 flush deck 28 TE in Marina del Rey, (California).

What special areas should i be looking at in a survey? aluminum fuel tank corrosion? is it a cored hull? headliner leaks?
Raymarine E120 glitches?

AND, anyone out there has a reference for an (independent) marine surveyor in Los Angeles area?

bruce adornato
boatless in San Francisco
Bruce,

Did you do a survey on that boat in Marina Del Rey ? I assume I am looking at the same boat.

Guy

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”