• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New 2005 Albin 28 owner questions

dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

New 2005 Albin 28 owner questions

Post by dgetswet »

So just got the boat last week. 2005 Albin TE flush deck 300 Perkins. Had a survey done (would not recommend this guy) and I'm now finding out some of the issues. Hopefully someone can help me out with.

1. Center fish box has a macerator pump underneath. For the life of me can't find the switch. The old owner said he did not know where it was either. Still have no idea

2. Salt water wash down pump. Anyone know where it's located? Completed. No salt water wash down. Fresh water only.

3. Fresh water shower in stern? Anyone know where this pump is? Completed. All the water on the boat works through the shower switch and water switch.

4. Middle hatch hydraulic motor? Funny worked when we did inspection but does not work now. Completed. The lifts are electric. The wire came off. Works fine.

Any help with any of the questions appreciated.

Thanks to all who helped out.

Don
Last edited by dgetswet on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: New 2005 Albin 28 owner questions

Post by Norseman »

#3; If same system as my 2001 28TE, then the same same freshwater pump runs both showers and all faucests on the boat.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

#2 under the deck normally bolted to the transom on the port side.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by dgetswet »

Norseman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:36 am #3; If same system as my 2001 28TE, then the same same freshwater pump runs both showers and all faucests on the boat.
Thanks for the info. I did turn on the bathroom shower and it worked. My guess is the rear shower is not hooked up or just broken. It does not look like its been used in a real long time.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by dgetswet »

Tree wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:55 am #2 under the deck normally bolted to the transom on the port side.
Thanks. I will check it out today. I did not see this pump yesterday. I also did not see a pump for the live bait well either.

Well apparently the boat does not have a salt water wash down. Only a fresh water wash down.
Last edited by dgetswet on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

dgetswet wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:50 am
Tree wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:55 am #2 under the deck normally bolted to the transom on the port side.
Thanks. I will check it out today. I did not see this pump yesterday. I also did not see a pump for the live bait well either.
they're normally tucked up above what would be the deck level so may require you lifting the hatch and getting your head right inside - mine is mounted on a glassed in piece of ply wood so it can be lifted off easily when it requires changing.

Live bait pump will be fitted to the top of the seacock on the port side usually on the engine box model - don't think it will be vastly different for the flush deck
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. Thanks for the info. I did turn on the bathroom shower and it worked. My guess is the rear shower is not hooked up or just broken. It does not look like its been used in a real long time.
The stern shower goes dead occasionally because the hose inside the coaming twists or turns and blocks the flow.
Try to gently pull it out and turn it this way and the other with the pressure on and with the pressure off.
I ended up buying a new stern shower less than a year ago and had no problems ever after.
Look for a thread on this forum called “Repairs, Improvements and modifications 28TE “ or some such thing, I detailed the stern shower problems right there.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

1.mine has switch located on switch panel at helm labels “macerator”. Not to be confused with holding tank over board which is located on the switch panel in cabin. 2. My saltwater wash down pump located port side aft of transmission, outboard of shaft log. 3. One common pump. I replaced min this year.4. Switch located on helm switch panel should be turned on and actuator switch located on Stbd after edge of pilot house. Mine struggles unless both batteries are on and engine running with alternator at 14 amps or battery charger is on.
Capt Brad

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”