• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Changing the Raw Water Pump Impeller?

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Changing the Raw Water Pump Impeller?

Post by johnmurray »

My A30 FC has the Yanmar 6LPA engine. The servicing guidelines recommend changing the impeller in the raw water pump every 300 engine hours. I use a professional to service my boat and at 900 hours he has just completed his third impeller change. He finds it unusually difficult and time-consuming to do this task because of the very awkward access point in the quarter berth and the positions of all the bits and pieces that surround the pump. He considered removing the pump completely and doing the impeller change on the bench but he found that removing the whole pump was even more difficult than removing the impeller alone. (By the way, in each 300 hour change the old impeller looked just as good as the new one still in the Yanmar package.)
Has anyone any suggestions as the best way to do an impeller change?
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Changing the Raw Water Pump Impeller?

Post by Carl »

On my flush deck i change it every other season by pulling the pump as PM. Cant imagine trying to deal with it while adrift. Keep an eye on the shaft seal, when it starts leaking it flings raw water on the side of your motor. Things always look new until they break :)
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”