• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 cockpit seating

peters
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: City Island

Albin 28 cockpit seating

Post by peters »

My wife and I just joined, we are considering buying an Albin 28TE, but would want to add fold-up bench-type cockpit seating, since we don't really want individual fold-up chairs. We have seen them on a couple of other Albins - which unfortunately got sold too quickly! - does anyone know where we could purchase this type of seating, or where we could have it installed, preferably in the Chesapeake area?
This Albin is a flush-deck version, but we need to allow room for the stern cockpit deck hatch.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Albin 28 cockpit seating

Post by catalina_mike »

I was playing around with this in the past but went with some existing directors chairs I had in a matching color, go figure.

https://marineproducts.net/folding-rear ... e-corners/
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

You’re looking at a custom option. Some of the other members on here have created find down benches on the stern made from starboard that really does look OEM.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Because of the access issue and cost, I opted for a large ice chest with seat cushion. It has been great for us. If you want the foldup kind I suggest trying a canvas supplier. They work with T tops using aluminum or steel as well as fabric.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

There is always Beanbag seats:
These 2 cost $30 each and are very comfortable:
0C3839D4-A260-4ABD-B378-94F34375B89A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
boatruptcy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: sarasota

Post by boatruptcy »

I used this....

https://marineproducts.net/marine-seats/

folding bench, I like it. I'll get a pic and post.
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

I have no affiliation with this seller... but this looks similar to what you are looking for:

https://www.thehulltruth.com/parts-foru ... -seat.html
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

My 28 and 31 had this seat in the back. The picture shows it stowed, without cushion on my 28. I can't say who makes it, both were installed when the boats were new as an option. I could take picture of it on my 31 with the cushion folded up and down if your are interested in seeing it. I also use folding seats which can go anywhere you want them to. (Those big white ones, which are good while underway) You might get wet on the folding rear seat while underway.

The installed seat is somewhat heavy to operate, and was quite far back in the 28 from the seats up front. I did not have the engine box so there was plenty room for at the one in back and the two folding seats. I still use them that way on my 31.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Norseman, where did you get the bean bag seats for $30? Thanks
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Makai
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bristol RI

Post by Makai »

I know this may be a little late, sorry just became a member, you can contact Standish Boat yard in Tiverton RI and Ken can help you out. I am buying a fold down transom seat from him for my 31TE. He has a large transom seat and also a smaller single seat both of which were options on the Albin
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Norseman »

Russell wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:33 pm Norseman, where did you get the bean bag seats for $30? Thanks
Oops, just saw this now:
Got those two grey beanbags at Walmart 2-3 years ago for a previous boat. They were sold as pool loungers/floats. I figured they would hold up in the sun and in water then.
Regular price was $35, but at checkout it was reduced to $30.
(My lucky day :mrgreen: )
As with all beanbags they sit too low, hard to get out of and one can barely see over the coating.
My crew usually takes them up on the hard top resting against the arch.
Looking to get custom made beanbags from one of the Marine manufactures: https://e-searider.com/armchair-marine-bean-bag-medium.
The Walmart ones are holding up good, but getting pretty compressed by now, they do make a comfy bed alongside the engine box when put together thought..
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Norseman »

Makai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:59 pm I know this may be a little late, sorry just became a member, you can contact Standish Boat yard in Tiverton RI and Ken can help you out. I am buying a fold down transom seat from him for my 31TE. He has a large transom seat and also a smaller single seat both of which were options on the Albin
Tried to contact Ken at Standish Boat Yard on a different issue 15 months ago, left voice messages and emails, etc. : He never got back to me, too busy I guess. Took my business elsewhere. :roll:
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

I have been exploring the same idea for a bench seat on the 28 Check out Birdsall Marine design.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

I had the one as shown in the pic by Kowal. It is a very high quality product and is the one I would try to find. Call Standish.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”