• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Suggestions wanted to refinish behind windshield

Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Suggestions wanted to refinish behind windshield

Post by Froggy »

I have an older but much loved Albin 28 TE soft top. The black coating on the cabin fiberglass behind the windshield is turning chalky white with age and peeling a bit. I imagine it is same issue on the hardtops. The obvious solution is to remove the windshield but that opens up all sorts of other issues (Wiring, sealing, etc.). Anyone have ideas on how to refinish it in place?
IMG_7344.jpg
IMG_7345.jpg
IMG_7343.jpg
Thanks,

Carl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Suggestions wanted to refinish behind windshield

Post by DougSea »

Hey Carl,

That space behind the windshields is a black hole on our 35 as well - although not literally black like yours. I'm wondering if you could use a liquid car finish restorer/protector type product and apply it with a long handled tool.

I just did a search on Amazon and came up with this one:
WindshieldCleaner.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/WINOMO-Windshiel ... ld+cleaner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Suggestions wanted to refinish behind windshield

Post by Froggy »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the great suggestion! Unfortunately, it is a pretty tight space but I think I can make up a tool and give it a try with Armor-all.

Will let you know.

Carl

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”