• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Engine Hatch lifter Release pin.

dasabalon
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Islip

Engine Hatch lifter Release pin.

Post by dasabalon »

On an albin 28 flush deck. If the lifter fails.How do you access the release pin for the hatch lifter?
Don
Abalon
2004 flushdeck
Islip NY
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Engine Hatch lifter Release pin.

Post by Carl »

Though very heavy, you can simply use the flush pulls to lift the hatch manually. Have a helper there to hold it up while you get a measurement to cut a 2X4 the correct length to hold it up, or tie it back to the grab handle at the steps. I remove mine completely when I have mechanics come to perform maintinence like valve adjustments. Just be careful, it will hurt you if it falls!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Re: Engine Hatch lifter Release pin.

Post by Jaredh »

Carl wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:48 pm Though very heavy, you can simply use the flush pulls to lift the hatch manually. Have a helper there to hold it up while you get a measurement to cut a 2X4 the correct length to hold it up, or tie it back to the grab handle at the steps. I remove mine completely when I have mechanics come to perform maintinence like valve adjustments. Just be careful, it will hurt you if it falls!
Carl’s got it. You have to muscle it up.

I’ve removed mine for major service as well (the entire hatch).

Fall project is to replace the hydraulic lifters and all hoses and fittings. If yours is hydraulic the model numbers should be on the lifters. Mine on an 03 flush deck were a standard size Bennett lifter.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”