• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sump at transom by rudder post

Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Sump at transom by rudder post

Post by Jack »

I have manually pumped this sump out for 14 years. The rain water drains down below the steering mechanism and by the rudder post. I could never figure out why Albin didn't design it so the water just went down into the bilge where I could use the automatic pump. I saw where some boats, maybe newer (mine is a 1998 28TE) ones have a pump. I read where some owners have three switches. I just have fwd and aft. Has anyone installed a pump in that transom sump? Any suggestions?
Thanks.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Sump at transom by rudder post

Post by catalina_mike »

I like you had only two pumps from the factory. That being said there were three switches on the old 12 vdc helm panel. So I added a third pump back there. When the hatch drains overfill (no fall and only 3/4") it ends up in back. This is why on plane I run the pump manually as water settles there after diving or fishing.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Sump at transom by rudder post

Post by WillieC »

"I could never figure out why Albin didn't design it so the water just went down into the bilge where I could use the automatic pump."

Odd, since the A25s are so plumbed.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”