• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE spider cracks

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: 28TE spider cracks

Post by RobS »

Guy,
She's a keeper in many many ways. The only thing I do miss about the 28 is the pilothouse for those rainy day rides... always enjoyed running in the rain on the 28 but not as much fun behind isinglass without wipers but at least the view from the bridge is great and there are no fat window frames blocking the view. Now on those rainy days during our outings I just drop hook and fall asleep on the couch... not a bad "Plan B" :D . Here's an old thread from when I first picked her up and she's even better now with numerous upgrades. What Chris did you have?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7548&p=45250#p45250
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Expoguy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Dana Point, CA

Post by Expoguy »

RobS wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:36 pm Guy,
She's a keeper in many many ways. The only thing I do miss about the 28 is the pilothouse for those rainy day rides... always enjoyed running in the rain on the 28 but not as much fun behind isinglass without wipers but at least the view from the bridge is great and there are no fat window frames blocking the view. Now on those rainy days during our outings I just drop hook and fall asleep on the couch... not a bad "Plan B" :D . Here's an old thread from when I first picked her up and she's even better now with numerous upgrades. What Chris did you have?

Rob,

I had a 45' 1970 Chris Commander/Sportfisher and she was fantastic. I will never have another boat like her and hope to enjoy a Albin 28 soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Expoguy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Dana Point, CA

Post by Expoguy »

RobS wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:36 pm Guy,

Rob,

I just got a look at your Chris and Wow ! She is a beautiful boat. It's bringing back a lot of great memories of my old Chris. I think I also have seen pictures of your old Albin 28 Toyriffic and am sorry I didn't see it in time for me to buy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Thanks for the kind words Guy. That's a lot of boat you had there, looks like she was in great condition and quite the battleship with great lines. If you've been using the search function here on AOG and going through old threads for sure you've come across Toy-Rific pics. She was a fine example of a great era for the 28TE.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”