• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

buying 1998 28te anyhing i should know???

LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

buying 1998 28te anyhing i should know???

Post by LISal »

I am purchasing a 1998 28 te after having a few surveyed and being disappointed with condition and de-lam issue with hull.. I believe i have finally found the one and was thinking this post couldn't hurt.. I probably should have posted this prior to leaving 10 percent deposit but believe the albin and this albin is the correct on for me and my family
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: buying 1998 28te anyhing i should know???

Post by catalina_mike »

Good luck on your purchase and welcome to the club.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

LISal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 pm I am purchasing a 1998 28 te after having a few surveyed and being disappointed with condition and de-lam issue with hull.. I believe i have finally found the one and was thinking this post couldn't hurt.. I probably should have posted this prior to leaving 10 percent deposit but believe the albin and this albin is the correct on for me and my family
I also surveyed and sea trialed two Albin 28TEs before I bought the third. 15 months ago.
If the boat you are looking at appears well maintained, cared for, and Maintenance records and survey/seatrial confirms it, you should be good to go.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by LISal »

I am sure I will have some questions either when we splash or maybe even before. I am currently considering finance option, thank you for the greetings.
Expoguy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Dana Point, CA

Post by Expoguy »

Nothing that good hull and a mechanical survey
Won't tell you. I just finished a survey and it had heavy metals in the transmission and hull delamination. Good luck with your hunt and I hope third time is a charm.
Emcunningham
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Chestertown

Post by Emcunningham »

Regarding your finance question, check out lafayette credit union. They were able to offer us the best terms and are familiar with this class of boat
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by LISal »

Thank you.. I will definitely contact them to see what they offer. I currently have received an offer from credit union but waiting in one more. i appreciate the info.. as far as the survey goes i am trying to skip it on this one but investor may require. after paying for 2 surveys i feel like i know what they are looking for. I was able to tap around all hull fittings and no signs of delam that where concerning. I am not a professional but after being shown de lam on two hulls I know what i am listening for. i started calling around today for a marina as the one i am currently in only holds 22ft max and water is way to low for an albin. i am looking for something close to jones inlet if anyone has input.
Thank you
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by LISal »

Survey is Tuesday not expecting any issues. I am also still amazed what they charge to inspect a 28 foot boat its more than a 3000 sq foot home. Well at least i don't have to pay a marina to haul her out again. I should be happy to spend the money sense in the past they have saved me from one boat that would have been a money pit and another that would have blown up..
The traveling and looking at vessels was a lot of fun at times and me and the nautical princesses love scouting a new marina. With that said we are done with our search and Tuesday will just confirm it.. Traveling is fun and going on boats for sea trials and learning what people have done with their vessels has been even better. Driving 6 hours to personally inspect a boat to then have to find a surveyor and make another trip can get annoying. Especially when it doesn't work out. To think we where about to open the search up to go as far south as Florida. It would have been all the vacationing we would do this winter. I am sure the adventure would have been great and I am sure we will do it one day but hope this goes smooth and me and the nautical princess can take a trip to to some blue water fishing. She might actually get more excited than me when she is hooked up. Whats so cool is she gets almost as excited catching bait as she does a 40lb bass. Yes she has caught bass over 40lb on block island the place is magic. I look forward to getting out to the canyon this year for some tuna time. I am thinking of adding a fuel bladder sense my bilge has room no genset.. An extra 50 gallons would make the world of difference..

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”