• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Splash 2019.

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Splash 2019.

Post by Tree »

One more coat of wax and she’s ready to go back in the water. New trim tab actuators fitted this year as the old ones were getting slow and tired. She’s still looking good for 19 years old. Total time polishing the Hull was just shy of five hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Splash 2019.

Post by Tree »

Oh and new bolster covers and engine box cushion cover! If the lights arrive in time also underwater lights to be fitted this weekend.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Gorgeous! The white bottom is very distinctive. I'm surprised it doesn't stain.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Fine job overall - she looks fabulous, very Bristol fashion. Get thee down the boozer and wet her in.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

Nancy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 pm Gorgeous! The white bottom is very distinctive. I'm surprised it doesn't stain.
Last year it did. After discussions with the antifoul manufacturer we deduced that it was high sulphur content in the water caused by the exhaust scrubbers on the cross channel ferries - it went black in a week on the water line!

I use hempel tiger extra paint as it stays white, most of not all others turn a shade of green after a while due to the copper.

I’ve been a fan of white for a long time on all my boats as I believe it reduces the shadow of the boat while drift fishing - it’s also easy to see when the boat starts to foul and I can get it scrubbed by a diver during the season when it does.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

In she goes. Managed to get the lights fitted. Didn’t really get to take a picture in the dark and the water was really murky but I’m happy with them!

Went for a run out and clocked up just shy of 24 knots so very happy with that. You can see my track on www.marinetraffic.com. Search for Fisher Price 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. Went for a run out and clocked up just shy of 24 knots so very happy with that
Would that be 4000 RPM, or at cruise?

Nice boat, but curious on what you have on the upper bow area?
SS plates installed for reinforcements?

Also, I noticed a sternmounted transducer, at what speed, if any do you “lose the bottom” due to bubbles under the transducer?
I have one mounted Port of the screw, above 12 knots I lose depth information when clean, less so if dirty. :shock:
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

Norseman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:45 am
. Went for a run out and clocked up just shy of 24 knots so very happy with that
Would that be 4000 RPM, or at cruise?

Nice boat, but curious on what you have on the upper bow area?
SS plates installed for reinforcements?

Also, I noticed a sternmounted transducer, at what speed, if any do you “lose the bottom” due to bubbles under the transducer?
I have one mounted Port of the screw, above 12 knots I lose depth information when clean, less so if dirty. :shock:
3900 on the dial but i know she is about 50-100 rpm down on that with laser tach (depends where in the rev range where it is out)

The transducer on the stern is a CHIRPS unit - i loose the signal about 15 knots but then i also loose the signal on the thru hull about that speed, trimming the boat makes some difference.

The Stainless shield is to reduce the chance of the anchor knocking the hull when hauling in rough weather - the previous anchor the boat came with was a Danforth and it had caused quite a few chips in the gel, this bash plate eliminates that.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Roger Tree.
I also have a CHIRP ‘ducer with 2 frequencies, a Garmin product, had same setup on previous boat, bubbles knocked out the depth on it too.
With a left turning prop I mounted the ‘ducer to Port, hoping it would make a difference, don’t think it did.
Lao 4000 RPM with give you 24 knots, curious why there is a 3-4 knit difference in speed between similar boats. (I get 20.5)
Thinking I am under-propped, got a spare propeller fine tuned and will try it next time around.
Don’t think my boat is any heavier, no sign of waterlogged hull..
May have to look into calibrating the FloScan tachometer..
Good idea on the bash plate anchor protection in the bow area, I banged an anchor pretty good too, may have to look into, but my Albin is a Gucci boat, no pulling anchor on a dark and stormy night, retired guys stay in port then sipping a cocktail and eating supper:)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”