• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 26 TE + Volvo Penta d4/260, thoughts?

scottmagdalein
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Jacksonville

Albin 26 TE + Volvo Penta d4/260, thoughts?

Post by scottmagdalein »

Looking at buying an Albin 26 TE with a Volvo Penta d4-260 and dph sterndrive. It’s hard finding any information about them. What should I know? Where is the fuel tank mounted? Is it as tippy/unstable as it looks? Anything is helpful, thanks!
Majtek
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Middletown, CT

Re: Albin 26 TE + Volvo Penta d4/260, thoughts?

Post by Majtek »

Albin 26 - quite heavy boat, no keel and skeg like a classic Albin design. I would not keep the boat at the marina with a salty/brackish water.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

scottmagdalein wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:03 pm Looking at buying an Albin 26 TE with a Volvo Penta d4-260 and dph sterndrive. It’s hard finding any information about them. What should I know? Where is the fuel tank mounted? Is it as tippy/unstable as it looks? Anything is helpful, thanks!
Is this the centre console boat - very rare to find one but looking through yacht world there is one for sale. I’d think with a D4 on a drive it’ll go like hell. I wouldn’t be put off if I was in the market for a centre console - especially with the Albin sea keeping qualities.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Makai
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bristol RI

Post by Makai »

scottmagdalein,
I know someone that has one and yes it’s very tippy , not sure about the gas tank location. I know there was a lot of issues with the out drive. I would not buy one , take a look at how high the deck is above the waterline.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”