• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

cummin 370 turbo flip

Ddiener
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Port Richey

cummin 370 turbo flip

Post by Ddiener »

Hi guys,

For those wishing to get more height above waterline for their turbos on the Cummins here is another option for you. For me it made sense. The turbo gained over 5 inches higher level above the waterline. It didn't require modifying the engine box so saved money. it did require modifications to the heat exchanger outlet and mounting and relocating the gear cooler and modifying the raw water plumbing. for me it made sense. I do a lot of offshore fishing on anchor. Had to replace a turbo and decided I needed to do something so started exploring options and came up with this solution. Worked with Tony Athens on this just to male sure I wasn't doing something I shouldn't be doing. All in all I've been pleased. Been running it this way for almost a year now and all is running great. Figured I would throw this out there for people who may be interested in another option.

I've attached some before and after photos.
IMG_0264.JPG
fullsizeoutput_c2.jpeg
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28 TE
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: cummin 370 turbo flip

Post by Pitou »

Very Nice .. thanks for sharing and a lot less work than going to a top mount turbo. I can see that you added a Seaboard breather too. Any pictures of the gear cooler remount and the air filter relocation?
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Ddiener
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Port Richey

Post by Ddiener »

Hi Pitou,

Thanks, it was more time consuming than hard. Matter of getting parts and pieces I needed fabricated then actually doing the work. Mounted the transmission cooler on top of transmission. The air filter is down by the stringer. Because the intake side of turbo is tight to the deck had to use a cobra head intake hose to make the tight radius bend.

Couple more pics. also added pic of exhaust elbow.
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28 TE
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard Ddiener .. great 1st post. In Tony Athens and Seaboard, you had the best assisting you!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Robb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tacoma, WA

Post by Robb »

That's a good idea. Probably how Albin should have designed to begin with...
Robb Stilnovich
"Stella Maris" 1996 28TE #279
Cummins 6BTA-370
Tacoma, WA

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”