• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 31 Bilge power fuse location

kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Albin 31 Bilge power fuse location

Post by kowal_53 »

I am going to attempt to find my DC always on power bus bar. I am hoping to locate the fuse for my center bilge float wire. I am missing the voltage at the float/bilge bundle.

I was curious if anyone knows where these might be. My old 28 had them behind the head mirror. (Instrument Panel)
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Albin 31 Bilge power fuse location

Post by Pitou »

kowal_53 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:46 pm I am going to attempt to find my DC always on power bus bar. I am hoping to locate the fuse for my center bilge float wire. I am missing the voltage at the float/bilge bundle.

I was curious if anyone knows where these might be. My old 28 had them behind the head mirror. (Instrument Panel)
You're going to love this one .. I had lost voltage to my keel pocket bilge pump and traced the 24 hr. power wire to the always on bus bar up and inside the helm in the deepest corner forward port side behind the chartplotter. Unfortunately it's about the only thing that I haven't encountered or touched that I didn't photograph. Long & the short ... You'll have to remove your chartplotter to gain access.

Each bilge pump wire was individually glass fused at this location. Absent of relocating the bus bar to an accessible location, I removed the glass fuses and wired directly to the bus bar as the circuits were also protected by appropriately fused switches on the panel. Whether what I did is appropriate to ABYC I do not know, but the circuits are still protected.

For your knowledge base here are two other hidden tucked away fuse locations:

The 30 amp Always on Fuse for the QSC - ECM and the 250 amp bow thruster fuse are both located behind the main DC switch panel heading down into the cabin.
QSC - ECM Always On . Bow Thruster Fuse.II.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by Pitou on Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Pitou, I have been following your posts for years now. You must get up quite early to get it all done by 10am. Nice work and great contributions here at AOG!
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

WillieC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:56 am Pitou, I have been following your posts for years now. You must get up quite early to get it all done by 10am. Nice work and great contributions here at AOG!
Thanks Willie .. you're not so bad yourself! :wink:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

I found it yesterday. Of corse mine is in a slightly different location. I have three of these Cutler Hammer 15 A circuit breaker located behind the main DC panel. There is a black rectangular button under the red cover to reset it. Fortunately once reset the voltage returned. Of corse the bilge pump was toast, and that was the cause of the grand event. The pump has been replace, and a new float switch. Now if only the rear of the boat would stop leaking down there. Everything is clean now, but I just know it will keep leaking, slowly during the rain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

There are lots of treasures behind the DC & AC panels. Glad that yours were more accessible than what I discovered.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”