• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31TE Radar Mast

Makai
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bristol RI

31TE Radar Mast

Post by Makai »

Has anyone removed the Aluminum Arch and install a Radar Mast ? I am looking for ideas on getting the wiring from the side support to the Mast. I want to keep everything under the hardtop any photos or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Doug
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: 31TE Radar Mast

Post by Pasteur »

I moved my radar from the arch to a spot farther forward on the pilot house. The pedestal is mounted directly on the roof. Originally there was a searchlight at the location and it was easy to snake the wires there.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
Makai
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Makai »

Thanks, I mounted mine aft ant will run the wiring around the top. Still adding the antennas and spot light ( waiting for them to come in ) so far not to many issues.
F748BF9A-ECFE-45FF-AD4C-DBC8ECC27311.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

Where did you get the mast? It looks great. I hate the aluminum arch.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
Makai
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Makai »

I purchased it from Standish Boat yard, it’s a Scanstrut , I am waiting on the VHF antenna to come in and hopefully finish it up this weekend.
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

Post by LISal »

If you take the molding off you hard top you will see a channel to run wires. On my 28 i was able to bring wires up to arch by taking off side panels in cockpit and taking off the molding on the top. There are 5 bolts holding this together hold the bolt on the roof and unscrew. you will have all the space you need for wires.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”