• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What versions of the 31/32 sport fishers are there?

Sounder
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Puget Sound

What versions of the 31/32 sport fishers are there?

Post by Sounder »

Hi,
I just signed up with this forum in hopes of gathering information for my brother who is thinking of switching from sail to power. I've always liked the Albin line of sailboats so one boat we both like is the Albin 31 TE. I looked at one last week but noticed the size shown on the wheel house sides was 32. It looked just like the 31. I've seen pics of another 32 which is very different.

Are there a 31 and 32 that look the same?

Are there other models of the 31 or are they all TE?

Do all 31's have the flush cockpit sole vs a raised engine hood?

Do you recommend any features found on some but not others?

Do all have the solid aft doors on the wheelhouse?

Will someone please direct me to brochures on the boats?

The boat would be used in Puget Sound.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sounder
Swabby
Swabby

Re: What versions of the 31/32 sport fishers are there?

Post by Sounder »

The 32 TE was a 2009 model.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard ..

The 31 TE in the very last years of production was sometimes referred to as the 32 TE though I have only seen one come up for sale with 32 decals on the cabin. This was a resale and could have been remarked by the owner. The hulls were had a deck lenght of 31 ft. 8 inches so why not call it a 32 as most builders do round up! All together there were roughly 135 hulls of this model produced

There were three other 32 ft models: the earlier 32 ft. Sportfisher (predecessor to the Command Bridge), 32 ft. Command Bridge and the 32 Plus 2 (predecessor to the 35 Command Bridge). All very different than the 31TE.

In this length the TE series all had flush rear cockpit decks though there technically is an engine box as the step up from the cockpit into the wheelhouse is about six inches to accomodate the engine below.

Options abound: Vacuflush head, generators, twin engines or single, bow thruster or not .. those are the basics beyond the boat being offered as a soft top convertible or a hardtop with or without aft doors. Become a supporting member and the Spec Sheet is in the document library for PDF download.

Remember the search function and Google are your friends.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Sounder
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Sounder »

Hey thanks for the info, Kevin. That makes sense about the 31 vs 32 designation.
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Sounder -

I'm guessing you are referring to the 31/32 Albin over at Defiance Marine in Bremerton? I had a chance to swing by the boat yesterday and take a look at it.... man, it was in rough shape. It was extremely dirty and the interior was torn apart because they were replacing the gen set. It screamed lacked of care/maintenance. I was disappointing to see the actual boat versus the pics on their website.

Anthony Warren
1999 28TE MadMoney

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”