• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Back bench seat.

Larry cessna
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rock Hall MD

Back bench seat.

Post by Larry cessna »

All I just purchased an 28te 1998. I wanted to add an bench seat. Has anyone added one and if so what one. Did you use a cooler or mount a fold up. Anyone have some pictures. Thanks
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Re: Back bench seat.

Post by Sisu22 »

Welcome Larry. There is a version of the 28 in later years that had a seat all the way at the stern. I think it was called the Gatsby edition? http://www.northpointyachtsales.com/boa ... tion/4137/

Looks like it may take some custom $$ and effort to get it to that level, but its an idea.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

I have been thinking about this specific product. It doesn't show thickness folded down off the wall. I'm concerned it will mess with the access hatches. I have two valves in the port opening I would need access to in a emergency (washdown, bait pump). I would love to know if anyone has used one with no issues.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
boatruptcy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: sarasota

Post by boatruptcy »

catalina_mike wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm I have been thinking about this specific product. It doesn't show thickness folded down off the wall. I'm concerned it will mess with the access hatches. I have two valves in the port opening I would need access to in a emergency (washdown, bait pump). I would love to know if anyone has used one with no issues.
I have one, I'll take pictures tonight. I have full transom with no door, wish they made it longer. It's okay, not super comfortable but nicely made. You can access the hatches with the seat folded to transom (I think). The outer legs land on top of the outer hatches when in use.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Thank you we have the door. Pictures would be great. I just want to make sure when folded down the doors open freely. Thanks again
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

That would be really nice. Then I could get rid of the deck chairs that always seem to be getting in the way.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
boatruptcy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boatruptcy »

IMG_20190817_192623.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
boatruptcy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boatruptcy »

IMG_20190817_192540.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
boatruptcy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boatruptcy »

Can't open doors when folded down, but you can open when seat is in useable position, just move leg out of the way

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”