• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windlass wiring

Larry cessna
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rock Hall MD

Windlass wiring

Post by Larry cessna »

I have a 1998 28 te and am looking to install a windless. Anyone know where the pre wires go. I see them in the rope locker but not behind the helm or at the battery? Also what windless would you recommend. I will be using the boat in the Chesapeake Bay.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Windlass wiring

Post by Yearwood »

If I recall ours terminated near the batteries. It was tough drilling though for the chair to the locker.

Last year we replaced our windlass with the Lewmar Profish 700 selected because it had the same footprint as our Horizon 600 installed perhaps 16 years ago. The Horizon was fine but took too much abuse when holding a capsized log canoe, sails, spars, crew, etc. in a 20 knot wind. A shaft bent and it kept failing afterward.
Don
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

My wire was attached to the battery switch when I purchased. It runs along the Starboard side and was not factory, 1999, it appears.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

My wiring runs up through the galley. But it looks aftermarket in that it is not true 'marine' cable. On my list to replace one of these years, or I may install a dedicated battery forward for the thruster & windlass.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”