• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE deck drains

Bigsteve51
Gold Member
Gold Member

28TE deck drains

Post by Bigsteve51 »

Has anyone been able to have the deck drains replay do any good on the 28TE engine box deck. I have cleaned check valves and cleaned out the lines and yet the drains are so slow a heavy rain or boat washing lets the hatches overflow into the bilge . That leads to the mid bilge pump between the seats always clog the strainer with debris.

Been thinking of just routing the drains into a shower box so they are functional.

Any thoughts??
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: 28TE deck drains

Post by Norseman »

. Any thoughts??
Some guys, or girls, removed the check valve for the spiderweb drain and reported good results: (Search this forum)
I kept the check valve, but cleaned it, all gunk’ed up, slow draining.
Probably should do the clean every 2-3 months, but lazy.
My boat is on a dock with lawn service next to it and falling leafs from trees and bushes, it gets dirty fast. :shock:
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
c1steve
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Bodega Bay

Re: 28TE deck drains

Post by c1steve »

How far above the waterline is the cockpit sole, in the engine box model or the flush deck version?

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”