• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Buzzards Bay

Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Buzzards Bay

Post by Capt Brad »

You will be very happy. These boats are heavy and chug right through the chop. I run about 14-15 kts. They are wet boats though. The pilot house windows get liberal dousing of spray. Rain ex is your friend. They do require a good amount of rudder when you in a aft quartering sea as with any single rudder vessel
Maybe we can raft up next season. We like to go to hadley’s, tashmoo, and lunch runs to wareham and the sail loft at southwharf boatyard..
I tried to reply to you PM but it seems to just sit in the outbox and also sent it via AoG by email.

Brad Smith

I see your in Mattapoisett. I have my boat at Standish for the remainder of the season and will bring it back to Marion in the Spring. Ken is taking care of some maintenance items for me. I figured it would be best to go the experts. (belts, water pump, oil plug, etc) He found a few other small items needing attention after being on board for a few minutes.. I'm coming from a center console (9years) so this is a big upgrade. We spend most of our time at Bassetts Island and end up getting beat up on the ride home. How does the boat handle those typical sw front quarter seas on the return trip? It seems to have enough power to push through anything. I hope to expand our range next summer to the Vineyard and Elizabeth islands

Doug
Capt Brad
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Re: Buzzards Bay

Post by Wfmdfm »

Buzzards Bay can get snotty in the afternoons. We try to most of our travel in the AM before that SW wind kicks up. If your coming from Bassett’s you have the Canal current to deal with as well. You should try Cuttyhunk some point. Nice weekend spot.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”