• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar replacement elbows

Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Yanmar replacement elbows

Post by Ben423 »

I'm not sure if this violates any rules on this site but I thought I'd pass along this story.

My Yanmar 6LP engine is nearing 1,400 hours so it's time to replace the mixing elbow and dry elbow with new stainless steel ones. HDI in Vancouver, WA sells these parts as a kit. Bought separately they would cost around $900, the kit sells for $730. Hailey, the sales rep at HDI that I worked with, agreed to sell them to Albin owners at an additional 10% off, or $657. She even threw in a nice insulated mug.

I received the parts yesterday and have attached photos. I'll install them next month and report on how the intallation went. I want to thank JBKraft over on the A28 FB page for referring me to HDI. Again, I apologize if this posts violates any AOG rules.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Modifications, repairs and improvements, 28TE

Post by Norseman »

Ben423 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:54 am I'm not sure if this violates any rules on this site but I thought I'd pass along this story.

My Yanmar 6LP engine is nearing 1,400 hours so it's time to replace the mixing elbow and dry elbow with new stainless steel ones. HDI in Vancouver, WA sells these parts as a kit. Bought separately they would cost around $900, the kit sells for $730. Hailey, the sales rep at HDI that I worked with, agreed to sell them to Albin owners at an additional 10% off, or $657. She even threw in a nice insulated mug.

I received the parts yesterday and have attached photos. I'll install them next month and report on how the intallation went. I want to thank JBKraft over on the A28 FB page for referring me to HDI. Again, I apologize if this posts violates any AOG rules.

Got a refund on the 2 pieces I returned, HDI Marine is highly recommended.

There is also a thread on these HDI exhaust pieces over at the Albin 28TE Facebook page.
I highly recommended a piece of silicone hose for the mixer.
Last edited by Norseman on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Yanmar replacement elbows

Post by Carl »

I installed both elbows and jacket, along with SS bracket 3 seasons ago. Everything fit perfect and no issues. Hardest part was cleaning and prepping the existing surface/flange.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Yanmar replacement elbows

Post by Jkraft »

You are welcome. I have to thank those who attended the albin meet up for the advice. I have bay shore marine working on my rig this week and they are installing the HDI parts while there. I didn’t get the discounted price. I’ll have to inquire about that!
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”