• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 31TE sales brochure/spec sheet

Makai
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bristol RI

Re: Albin 31TE sales brochure/spec sheet

Post by Makai »

Eric
I have a 2002 31TE and not sure why they would have disconnected the drain as on my boat it’s not anywhere that would interfere with the generator. When I purchased my boat I had to replace the mid ship bilge pump , this is the main pump and it tends to collect debris at the pick up . Also depending on how high the water got and how long is sat I would definitely check under the engine for signs of rust, you can use a selfie stick with your phone and either video it or do a FaceTime call to another device to see it live. If you do end up with the boat I would remove and reseal the gunnel inserts, this is a common place for water to enter the bilge if the bottom is not sealed good water flowing aft in the gutter will drain into the bilge before making its way to the stern.

Good luck
Doug
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Post by ESpiegel »

kowal_53 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:24 pm If you do go and see it, find out what make and model the helm seat is. See if it swivels from the front to face the sofa.
Helm chair slides fore and aft, but doesn’t swivel. I may need to figure out how to fix that. Swivel seat would be great!
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Grady265 -

How did the survey turn out? Fingers crossed for ya!!

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Post by ESpiegel »

Survey went well, as well as the mechanical inspection by a Cummins certified tech. It has the Cummins QSB5.9 480 HP engine. The Engine ran well, reached WOT at 3400 RPM (max rated RPM) at 22.5 knots. Maintained WOT for 5 minutes, then a steady cruise speed at 16 knots for about 45 minutes. No smoking, temps solid. ZF transmission kept cool and had great pressures. However, tech was very concerned with all of the rust and neglect, and that it has sat so long with little use. I don’t have the report yet, but it will probably have several thousand $$ worth of recommended maintenance items, such as aftercooler service, replacing wiring harness and all solenoids, etc. it will be a negotiation with the dealer to decide what they’ll take care of for the sale, but they’ve been very proactive in getting things fixed so far, and have promised to take care of everything we deem major.
The marine survey went very well, as the boat is still practically new (aside from the engine exterior), which wasn’t included in the survey.

I’ve been doing a lot of research and reading through all of the posts on this forum and others regarding the Albins to figure out the history of this boat. I’m buying this boat from Defiance Marine in Bremerton. I believe This was the last 31TE (actually badged as 32TE) that was built by Shamrock Boats, maybe the only 32TE built by Shamrock. This was the boat that went to the 2009 Miami boat show where no orders were made and was the demise of Albin and Shamrock. Based on the CG documentation, It was transferred to the father of the owner of Albin/Shamrock/Defiance, shipped to Bremerton in 2009 and has only seen 170 hours of use since then. It was leased to a local fishing guide for most of those 170 hours, who’ve I’ve talked to quite a bit about the boat. It’s only had the one owner since new.

I’ve also determined the source of most of the water in the engine compartment was due to the vents on the side of the pilot house. There are no collector boxes installed, so rain just pours into the vents off of the hardtop. I’ve sent the correct part numbers of the plastic boxes to the dealer so they can install them as designed. Shocking that they haven’t figured that out, as it only took me a few minutes of researching on this site to realize the issue. There’s a blower hose on each side of the engine bay that’s just hanging/tied up near where the vents are. Its been raining inside that engine bay for 10 years.
Despite the external corrosion issues on the engine, the boat is in almost new shape. They just installed a new Mase 3kw generator (internal engine fault that was warrantied),. It has a Vetus bow thruster, Pompanette reverse cycle AC, and a Raymarine A128 MFD and HD radar.
I’m really looking forward to spending some time on her putting on some hours at her helm.

Sorry for the long reply.
Merry Christmas!

Eric

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”