• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shamrock/Bladen built Albin 32

ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Shamrock/Bladen built Albin 32

Post by ESpiegel »

Anyone have any details on a 2009 shamrock/Bladen built Albin 32TE?

This boat has a Cummins 480 with electronic fuel rail (whatever that is) and only 170 hours. Dealer says it has only one owner. Seems like a solid boat, but can’t find any info on that year builds. Supposedly only 20 were built by shamrock, when Bo Palmer owned Shamrock.

It’s been on the hard for a couple years, owners weren’t budging on price and were asking a lot.
Anything I should look out for?
If financing gets pre approved I plan on a sea trial and getting a survey done.
Does a survey generally include an engine inspection?

Thanks
813B477A-1C53-426F-B5A8-5187F1A4B66B.jpeg
AB720425-50D7-4AAB-99C4-50E77E3DE5A8.jpeg
68BF1B1B-41FE-423D-965D-4CF9A0457C4A.jpeg
97CF66F8-6842-4FE8-A51D-3764B920055C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Shamrock/Bladen built Albin 32

Post by Pitou »

Anyone have any details on a 2009 shamrock/Bladen built Albin 32TE?
Same mold as the 31TE just relabled by Mr. Palmer as 32 .. actual deck LOA is 31' - 8" .. Albin rounded down (who does that) and Shamrock rounded up.

This boat has a Cummins 480 with electronic fuel rail (whatever that is) and only 170 hours.
Model is QSB series

Dealer says it has only one owner. Seems like a solid boat, but can’t find any info on that year builds. Supposedly only 20 were built by shamrock, when Bo Palmer owned Shamrock.
20 total built by Shamrock would be tops and I do not think that there were really that many and this could be the only 31 / 32TE

It’s been on the hard for a couple years, owners weren’t budging on price and were asking a lot.
Anything I should look out for?
Get yourself a thorough stem to stern general survey that checks that EVERYTHING is operational and a separate engine survey .. both with sea trials

Does a survey generally include an engine inspection?
engine surveys are separate

All the best and keep us posted with qustions and results.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Post by ESpiegel »

Thanks Kevin.
While contacting surveyors, I talked to a mechanic who started an engine survey on this boat a couple weeks ago. He discovered that the engine compartment had flooded while waterborne (2 years ago). Dealer said it was rainwater and the batteries had died. Perspective buyer backed out without having the inspection completed. The mechanic was very concerned about it. I talked to the dealer who told me it’s on consignment, and the consignment contract states it’s up to the buyer to fully investigate any issues. Kinda pissed he didn’t tell me about it yesterday.
I plan on having a Cummins certified shop do a quick inspection on the hard, and if they say it should be ok I’ll go further and do a full waterborne mechanical inspection.
I really like this layout and the inside of the boat is very nice.
I am just not financially prepared to spend a ton on this boat, then have to spend $$$$ to get it seaworthy.
Comments/concerns??
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Well that explains the rust on the engine.... what is your gut telling you??

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

A very popular boat that's been available for a long time.....what is your gut telling you??

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”