• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transducer

Larry cessna
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rock Hall MD

Transducer

Post by Larry cessna »

Anyone using a transom mount transducer. I wanted to get a fish finder with side view but that would require a transom mount transducer. I have a single screw 28. I am not so worried about high speed as I would only use it when fishing and trolling. Any recommendation for units as there are some good black Friday deals.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Transducer

Post by Norseman »

Larry cessna wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:54 am Anyone using a transom mount transducer. I wanted to get a fish finder with side view but that would require a transom mount transducer. I have a single screw 28. I am not so worried about high speed as I would only use it when fishing and trolling. Any recommendation for units as there are some good black Friday deals.
Got a Garmin stern transducer, model 51 or something.
Works good,”downview” and all but it only works up to about 12 knots, then it goes blind from turbulence.
Mounted it on the Port side with a right turning propeller.
Perhaps the other side would be better, but not a big problem, never go fast with the water gets shallow.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Norseman wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:44 pm ........with a right turning propeller.
You sure about that ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. You sure about that ?
Correction, left turning wheel.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”